Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mommy made this dress...

As a kid, I use to watch my mom sew and she’d even let me help at times. I grew up hearing her say, “I use to make your dresses when you were just a little girl…they are just so easy to make.” As I got into my tween years, mom would show me how to make my dolls clothes...nothing fancy just a dress or a top/bottom piece and she was right, it was easy. Single pieces were enough for me; it felt good putting my dolls into something I made. Unfortunately, I never really stuck with sewing until recently being driven by creating something special for my baby girl. I'm 30 years old now and can honestly say that the immense love I have for my little girl has awakened a creativeness to make something for my new "doll", my daughter.   I made this dress for her a few weeks ago simply by watching a tutorial, because believe it or not, I could not remember a thing about sewing…it has only been 17-18 years ago… J

Anyhow, (since I'm a visual learner) I found these AWESOME video tutorials by Simply Annie Kate. Love her!! They are easy to follow and the best part of it is, if you missed a step, you can easily just rewind the video. J

Enjoy! Hope you find it helpful!

P.s. I’ll post the back of the dress soon…

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...