Monday, September 12, 2011

Sydney's Seussical 1st Birthday!!

September 7th was my baby girl Sydney’s 1st birthday but we had her birthday party on Saturday, the 10th.  Well worth all the frazzled planning and last minute mix-ups. Sydney is so loved by a huge “village” of family and friends. I’m a lucky Mom to watch my snuggly baby blossom into a curious, determined little toddler.

The Dr. Seuss theme was so much fun! Inspiration and graphics came from different DIY blogs (Which I'm so greatful for). My niece Mariela, stayed up late Friday night helping me bake cupcakes, cakepops and finally, dipping the marshmallow hats in candy melts. Thanks, Mariela, don't know what I would've done without you!!  I wanted to bake cookies with Syd’s "initial" as well as a #"1" on them, but that turned out to be overly ambitious.
  The happy birthday banner I made using this tutorial and the bunting banner I made using an old Dr. Seuss book I bought at the thrift store for .49 cents. I just sewed some bias tape over it to hold it together. I guess you can hot glue the bias tape if you wanted to but since I was already sewing my little girl’s outfit, I decided to sew it together instead of using glue.  

I made red velvet cupcakes – those are always amazing.  I loved the idea of Marshmallow Hats that I saw here.  They were the first to go!
The cakepops were also a hit; Although, it was my first time making these, I thought they turned out pretty good and had many compliments. Plus, I added few of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes around the table and framed them, just to add to the decor!  



My first time making my own water bottle label using this tutorial. They turned out so cute! Why hadn’t I made these before?! They are super easy!! Thanks, Sarah for sharing...Love, love her blog!
Sydney loved her cupcake and cakepop! She loved her some sweets on this day, let me tell ya!
12 month photos – a cute idea I saw a lot of families do.

 Seuss inspired food – Green Eggs and no ham (but we had hamburgers, does that count?).

My baby girl had so a FUN time at her birthday party!! I truly am so blessed!! :)

Happy 1st Birthday Sydney! Mommy loves you very much!
Thanks for stopping by....I had so much fun preparing for this special day. I cannot wait to see what next year has to bring for us.  :)

 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute and fun theme! I especially love the cupcakes and the green eggs!

    Myers Maison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lauren! It was such a fun theme to plan for!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...